A visit to our favorite park in town turned out to be the perfect opportunity to collect materials for some beautiful fall crafts.
It just so happens that the kiddos’ favorite playground is surrounded by the most stunning trees. In fact, the largest tree provides shade to nearly all the play equipment as its beautiful, mature branches stretch right overhead. {sigh!} Have I mentioned how much I love fall? :) Anytime we're near that playground, the kiddos don't have to ask more than once to go! It’s most definitely one of our "happy places."
We spent the latter part of our park visit crawling all over the leaf-covered ground, picking up what felt like hundreds of leaves and acorns. Every time the wind would gust, it felt as though we were being showered with autumn's raindrops... what a memory!
I can’t get over how beautiful our Tree Leaf Collage turned out. I know the vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges won’t last for long, but they’re breathtaking while they do. My little one and I even had a great discussion about the lifespan of a leaf once it has fallen to the ground. We talked about the difference between the crunchy brown leaves and the soft, bendable, colorful ones. She decided the darkest brown leaf should be glued to the "ground" of our collage.
It turned out perfectly—I couldn’t love it more!

No comments:
Post a Comment