Gabriella has been asking about snow since Christmas. It's hard to explain to a four year old why it hasn't snowed yet or why we may not even get snow this year. In a four year old's mind that's naturally what winter is all about...cold and snow. Quite honestly, in mine too!
The snow arrived a day late based on the weather man's forecast so after an entire day of waiting and waiting and waiting we were sure it wasn't going to happen for us this year. But it did and we were so glad.
(I was so excited to capture that moment. Their profiles are exquisite!)
Michael even stayed home from work. We were all sooooo happy about that, especially mommy. It's a rarity to have him home. We value every second of time we get with our busy, hard working daddy.
After the laborious task of getting three little ones and ourselves layered up from head to toe, we headed out. I honestly think we may have spent more time getting everyone dressed than we actually spent playing outside.
I was very interested in observing Mikey's interaction with the snow.
He was really intrigued by the snow but seemed to be pretty upset about how cold it was. As soon as the smallest bit of snow got on the edge of his mittens and touched his warm little wrists he insisted that they come off. Even if that meant his hands were freezing without them. And nope, not even mommy's coaxing couldn't convince him differently.
Mittens off...
Josiah wasn't thrilled about the snow either and I most definitely didn't expect him to be. I knew taking him out in this unbearably cold, white stuff would be pure torture for him. I just had to get a few pictures of him in it. Isn't he just the cutest?!?!
I love this one...
Did I mention how nice it was to have daddy home?!? {sigh} We loved it!
Gabriella, unlike her brothers, was thrilled about the snow!
She loved making snow angels. We must have made at least five, her and I.
We attempted but failed at making a snowman.
Our snow this year was just too soft and fluffy. As they grow maybe the length of our time outside will increase and we can come up with some techniques for building a really spectacular one. Maybe, just maybe.
Last picture for the day...daddy captured this one.

Our snow this year was just too soft and fluffy. As they grow maybe the length of our time outside will increase and we can come up with some techniques for building a really spectacular one. Maybe, just maybe.
Last picture for the day...daddy captured this one.
It may be one of my favorite pictures to date. It captures everyone of their personalities so perfectly. I LOVE it, thank you Daddy!
Our first snow day as a family of five was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing.








No comments:
Post a Comment