Saturday, August 2, 2014

Another Rainy Summer Day

You three LOVE to play in puddles! 
I love how Josiah is bracing himself for a collision in the top right picture of this collage. 

I'm positive Gabriella would have stayed playing in that puddle until it evaporated! She was the world's happiest little girl, running, splashing, jumping and falling in that puddle water. 

Mikey spent 85% of his time dumping puddle water from his rain boots. He didn't care for the feeling of water sloshing around inside of there, though he never once complained. He'd just run, stop, dump and run again. I loved watching him. 

I love that the dinosaur shirt he wore today matches his awesome dinosaur rain boots. 

Josiah had a good time trying to keep up with Gabriella and Mikey. He tried so hard to jump just like they did in the puddles but he could still only get one foot off the ground at a time. 
He was not happy about having to come inside after the thrill of puddle playing. Even a bath time bribe couldn't willingly get him indoors. (He usually runs to the tub when you ask if he wants to take a bath.) I do believe I heard him say one of his first two word phrases today as I was chasing after him. "No baaaa", he said. :) 

2 comments:

  1. You captured their excitement and personalities so well! I love how Josiah tries so hard to keep up, Mikey and his water filled boots (and how he didn't even complain!), and Gabby rolling around in the water in her skirt. We miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ yes, all of the above!! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete