In our pre-kiddos days, when Michael and I would have conversations about the future of our family, though we were never sure about how many littles we'd have, we were always sure about wanting them to be close in age. We both believed there to be a undeniable bond when growing up so close in age to your siblings. It just so happened that God gave us our little ones a little less than two years apart from each other. (Twenty-two months between Gabriella and Michael and twenty months between Michael and Josiah.)
Despite always thinking about the special bond between the first child and the second, and the second child and the third, I don't think I've ever spent much time thinking about how special the relationship between the two of whom share the largest age gap would be.
Watching Gabriella and Josiah interact is really such an endearing testament to the beauty in a relationship of siblings who share larger age gaps. It touches my heart in ways I'm not sure I can explain. She is a little version of myself to him, looking after and helping to take care of him in anyway she possibly can.





So precious!!! I love how close they are. Makes my lil ticker so happy!
ReplyDelete