Mikey is almost three and a half years old and has had one official hair cut by a barber. I LOVE our family's curls and am slightly terrified that someone will miss-manage them if I lay my trust in their hands. That fear may very well have come from my own personal experiences. Nonetheless, I've taken matters into my own hands as far as little Mikey's hair cuts are concerned (as well as an occasional trim for Gabriella). I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing but so far I'm thanking Jesus I've had successful outcomes. I'm also thankful that curly hair is perfectly imperfect and very forgiving.
Mikey has been up for a little cut for a few weeks now and I finally got around to it...
![]() |
| Cuteness overload! He's looking way to grown these days. |
Josiah...well, that's a different story. I have been holding my ground with Daddy about NOT having his cut. Not even a trim. I just haven't been ready for it. It would be his very first hair cut and that would mean I had to face a(nother) letting go. I was sure after letting go of his first hair cut I'd have to face the letting go of him to his bride and NO! I'm just not ready. Period.
Well, Daddy did it. He threatened to take him to a barber shop if I didn't trim it. I felt I was left with no choice and brought myself to admitting that maybe a little trim wouldn't hurt.
Although I obliged, it still wasn't easy. Ugh! I grumbled through the entire process. I practically cried every time I snipped a dirty-blondish curl from his head. I was so worried that the trim would eliminate all of the blondish hair I adore so much but I am very happy to report that was not the case. I am also very happy to report that since then I have not had to give him away to his bride. Whew! I guess I can slow down on the worrying and focus on enjoying my three beautiful curly headed little loves today.


No comments:
Post a Comment