Closer to the beginning of the summer I scooped up a few bottles of finger paint with the idea in mind that we would make a mess of painting with our feet one summer morning until little hearts were blissfully happy. It's taken us a little while to get around to such intentional messy play but today, we finally did.
We made some time to read through The Colorful Kittens before we headed outdoors and oh, what a hit that story was.
I believe Mikey was the most inspired by The Colorful Kittens and got busy right away with color mixing. Orange was first on the list, then purple and finally green.
Although Josiah and Mikey didn't seem to mind, Gabriella wasn't crazy about the slimy feeling of paint between her toes. They all eventually decided upon using their hands as the primary tool for this painting's session.
Josiah lost all interest in the paint when I brought out the rinsing bucket.












oooohhh looks like so much fun!!! :)
ReplyDelete"intentional messy play" - I like that. :)
ReplyDelete