Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Full Heart

I lingered as I prayed with Mikey and Gabriella tonight. I felt no reason to rush as I laid in bed with them. There was an unusual calmness in the room tonight. 

They rested, listening to a prayer full of worship and repentance but mainly graditude. I prayed over them with a full heart, making known how thankful I am for each of them, for their unique gifts, for our family, for mistakes made, for lessons learned, for strength in weakness and for His guidance and His wisdom. 

I prayed until their little eyes fell shut. I eventually left their side for the night and quietly walked out of the room.  I left feeling like there couldn't have been any time better spent. The living room full of clutter, piles of laundry to be tended to, the kitchen overflowing with dirty dishes, sticky counters and crumby floors...I'm so glad I didn't allow those things to rob me of my joy tonight. 

My heart is full. Overflowing. 

I love my family. My husband. My Gabriella. My Mikey. My Josiah. 

I don't want to take a second of my life with them for granted. I am so blessed. 


1 comment:

  1. Sigh! My heart is full too just reading this. Way to build that Godly heritage for your children.

    ReplyDelete