Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Slime

I've tried this homemade slime recipe a few times. I've gotten it right once and wrong the rest. Stinks! One of the few blogs I follow shared a simple post on how to fix slime fails and I am so grateful. It's been quite a while since I've tried but after reading and diagnosing my problem I felt ambitious enough to try again. It still took me quite a few days to muster the bravery to add just enough but not too much liquid starch. It should not be such a scary thing but it's really quite intimidating to me.  

Whew, finally I got it right! 

We (oh yes, I joined in on the fun, too!) played and played and played with our slime for at least an hour today. 

Mikey was incredibly good at stretching his slime into the perfect triangular shape which results in a super thin center that's perfect for "bubble blowing". 
Oh, that bottom right picture! I love that face! 

Gabby couldn't quite get the hang of Mikey's technique so he willingly gave her a lesson. This was so wonderful to watch seeing that Mikey is usually the one learning things from Gabby. He was so happy to help his big sister out. 

Annnnd there she goes! Perfect! 



He had so much fun! 

We made slime balls and watched to see who's would spread the furthest. 
I LOVE seeing Josiah's profile right next to Mikey's. 

It was taking far too long. Mikey was over it. :) 

Faces 
The addition of teeth...compliments of Mikey. :) 

A slime race...

No comments:

Post a Comment