Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Three Year Old

I cannot believe you are three. I do realize I may be saying this for the rest of my life, but I'm not ready for you, Josiah or Gabriella to grow up. Growing old myself doesn't bother me one bit but watching the three of you grow so quickly makes me wish I could figure out how to slow time down just a tad. 

You, at you're newly turned age of three, feel valued by knowing that others are listening to you. You don't like for anyone to interrupt you and prefer for all others to be silent when you're talking. Absolutely no side-bar conversations going on! As a matter of fact if someone does interrupt, you aren't shy to show them how frustrated you are. Usually by voicing a very loud, strong "Gggggggrrrrr" followed by the accuser's name.  

If someone is talking and you have something pressing to share you often say "excuse me" and occasionally say "Slow down! Slow down! Slow down!" until they do and you can add your contribution to the conversation. 

"Oh Dear!", "Ummm, How-a bout" and "My do it" are some of your favorite things to say.  Actually, I should say they are some of my favorite things to hear you say. 

I LOVE asking you how old you are. You very seldom will say three. It's more common to hear you say that your nine, twenty (with an emphasis on the ty), forty or even one hundred. Sssoooo stinkin cute! I never correct you, I just smile from ear to ear and say "Wow!". Today your answer to the famous question was "three, but I'm almost nine".  Adorable, I tell you! 

You seem to be a lot more patient lately with your old age. It seems that you are starting to understand a bit better that throwing fits aren't necessarily the best way to get your way. If you ask for something (usually candy or to watch a TV show) and find my answer is no, you follow with "but mommy, I asked nicely". Oh my goodness, break my heart why don't you. You don't make it easy for me, sweet boy! 

A few things about you at this stage in your life are...

  • Your favorite colors are blue and green. 
  • Your favorite things to eat are rice and beans, yogurt and popsicles. 
  • You are wearing size 3T clothing and a size 10 shoe. 
  • You weigh all of 36 pounds (exactly the same as Gabriella who is 22 months older than you) and are 38 inches tall. 
  • Your best friend is Gabby. (I love hearing you tell others that!)  
  • You love your Mommy, so dearly! 
  • Your favorite song/CD is VeggieTales. We have a set of 6 Cd's with 150 songs that play constantly in the car, per your request. You don't care one bit which song is playing, you just love listening to them. Soon after starting the van up I can count on hearing your little voice saying "Can you turn that up a lillll bit." 
  • Your favorite book this past year has been Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Such an appropriate one for you! Where has it been all of our lives?!? After reading it to you just a few times you had the majority of it memorized and would recite parts of it over and over again, with or with out the book in hand. 
  • Your favorite TV show is no longer Word World (I'm kinda sad about that one) and is now any Leap Frog movie. It's the ONLY thing you ever request to watch. 
  • You're newly found talent is hula hooping around your neck. 
  • You're favorite thing to do outside is play with water. 
You are such an awesome little boy. Amidst the business of everyday life I find my self wanting to take you away, just me and you. I want to spend hours upon hours, days upon days with you, just you.  I want to learn more about you. I want to sit like a fly on the wall and watch you as you interact with the world around you. I want to soak every bit of your awesomeness up. I want to memorize you at this stage in life so that I am guaranteed not to forget what a joy you are. You are so full of life and love and ENERGY. 

I love you to pieces Michael Ramon Sanchez. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm 3 but almost 9! Too funny! He is quite the character!

    ReplyDelete