I have, though, discovered the solution for attaining internal peace concerning this matter and, for me, it has been pairing these holiday fantasy beings with Jesus. Yep, Santa and the Easter Bunny are best buddies with Jesus. In our storytelling, they live with God in heaven and pay us special visits on holidays to help teach us more about Jesus. I guess it's just a little way I feel we can redeem what society had done to such important religious holidays.
I really wish I had all this stuff figured out before becoming a parent but I am so grateful God has promised never to leave me to this task alone. So grateful!
This year, our community of Westgate, hosted their first neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. It was really wonderful. I am so proud to be a part of such a thoughtful and caring community. As we look back on the day's festivities, the bouncy house and egg hunt are sure to stand out most. There was also an appearance from the Easter Bunny and the fire engine from Puppy Creek Fire Department. Oh yes, and one of Daddy's favorite food's were catered, Smithfields!
Jumping, jumping and more jumping...
Waiting for their age group's Egg Hunt...
The firetruck!
Gabriella sat for a long while patiently waiting for her turn to swing. (Such a long, long while that mommy walked over and politely reminded the big boys to take turns and share the swing.)
Gabriella and the Easter Bunny...
Nope. Michael wasn't having it. He would not even get close.
Our kids church also hosted their first ever Glow-in-the-Dark Easter Egg hunt. It was so cool!
Really hard to get good pictures in the dark but I was still ambitious...

Daddy helping to count their eggs...
We caught Josiah sneaking eggs into that hole of the stage right behind him, haha! There must be at least four or five eggs in there somewhere.
Oh yes! We can't forget about this year's Easter baskets...
Grandma Cindy brought over three baskets that she said were left at her house for the Sanchez kids. What a sweet, thoughtful Easter Bunny!
The Easter Bunny also brought a-whole-nother set of Easter baskets to our neighbor Sue's house! Wow! We love Sue and Phil! They were full, full of goodies!









No comments:
Post a Comment