So far, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is my all time favorite read-a-loud. I have been so anxious for the "right" time to begin reading it to Gabriella. Somethings just feel so official and chapter books feel like one of those things.
I have all sorts of questions; When do you start reading chapter books to little ones? When do they develop the stamina to sit, listen and really enjoy it? How will I know exactly when they are ready? With which books do I start?
I have all sorts of questions; When do you start reading chapter books to little ones? When do they develop the stamina to sit, listen and really enjoy it? How will I know exactly when they are ready? With which books do I start?
Well, I don't know the answers to all of the above but it's ok, I don't think you're suppose to. I think I've figured out that you just kinda have to go for it then adapt and adjust along the way. Besides, how will I ever know if I never just try.
I'm so happy to report it was every bit as wonderful as I had imagined it'd be! Gabriella was enthralled by Edward's Journey and I was tickled to be the voice she heard behind such a beautiful story.
I'm so happy to report it was every bit as wonderful as I had imagined it'd be! Gabriella was enthralled by Edward's Journey and I was tickled to be the voice she heard behind such a beautiful story.
We sat in silence for many moments after I finished reading the very last page. At first, I worried the silence was an indication of some confusion or misunderstanding but I wasn't left in fear for long for she quickly spread her arms wide and wrapped them tightly around my neck. I know now, she was merely using those precious moments to soak it all in.
{Sigh} I hugged her so tight! I know exactly how she was feeling. The end of this book does it to me every time, a warm embrace was the most appropriate response.
I tried to take a couple pictures of how the majority of our reading sessions took place...
I tried to take a couple pictures of how the majority of our reading sessions took place...
...Josiah napping, Mikey in my lap (helping me to turn pages) and Gabriella to my left side :)
This was often the end result of cuddling and reading few chapters close to Mikey's nap time...
The End.



No comments:
Post a Comment