Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kids Krusade

I preached for the first time ever at a Kids Krusade tonight. I was completely terrified. Nervous is good but terrified isn't. After Butch asked me, I immediately felt subpar. Every single one of my imperfections ran through my mind and were followed by every reason why I'm not right for the job. 

I mean, Bro. Butch is an incredible preacher and totally brings it, especially on Kids Krusades! Those are HUGE shoes to fill. I know I preach in Little River on Sundays but this was a KIDS KRUSADE! So different! There's NO WAY! I felt completely unworthy. 

Then God began to speak to my heart...

"This isn't about you. It's about me. I can use you. I can use anything or anyone. Remember David? Remember Moses? (Just to name a few.) I've got this under control. I know what I'm doing...BUT if you aren't willing, I will use someone who is..." 

OUCH! No, God! Use me! I want to be used by you. I want to be a vessel. 

So I began to pray that God would continue to speak to me and lay a word for his people on my heart. He is so faithful. I am so amazed by Him. He is SO good! 

He not only gave me a word but completely took over tonight. WOW! I was speaking but it was ALL God. What a thrilling experience! He showed up and ministered to the hearts who came and ministered, most of all, to me. 

I am so incredibly humbled to have been used by Him, so humbled and so in love.

Aaaaand on the way home from church tonight, Gabby and Mikey both brought up different aspects of the sermon...THEY WERE LISTENING! Sigh...Oh, my heart is overflowing!

Thank you, Father God, for what you did tonight. You never cease to amaze me. To you I give all honor and glory. 



1 comment: