Thursday, January 15, 2015

H.E.A.R.T.: The Water Cycle and Egg Drop

Our Raeford Homeschool group has changed their name, their location and the weekday in which we meet since our last meeting in December. We now meet on Thursdays at a wonderful church that provides us much more space with separate rooms for each of our age groups. We also now go by the name of H.E.A.R.T of Raeford. So sweet. It stands for Home Educators Advancing Relationships Together (H.E.A.R.T). I love it. I feel blessed to be a part. 

This week's theme was Science and Denise and I stepped up to lead the preschoolers. We had a wonderful time with our sweet group of five (well, seven if you include our littlest ones who were glued to our hips, ha!) We did a little lesson on the water cycle and finished with a rain experiment. The LOVED it.  

It took Josiah quite some time to feel comfortable enough to experiment but once he did, he sure enjoyed it. 

The 5-9 year old group as well as the 10 and up group experimented with the egg drop. They worked in small teams, devised a plan to keep their egg from cracking then build it. The preschoolers joined in when it was drop time to watch. It was a lot of fun to see how excited each group got about their creation. From what I remember only two of about 10 or so groups' egg cracked. 

This was also the first week that Isaac participated with the 10 and up age group. I wasn't at all prepared for that transition to happen and was surprised to feel quite emotional about it. He really enjoyed it. They are all growing up so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment