Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sew Happy

Sewing makes me happy. When I finish a project I feel like I've accomplished something. I really enjoy the feeling I get when I step back and take a look at something that time and a little work has put together. I now have random longings to peacefully stroll the isles of fabric stores, alone. That's quite tricky to pull off. Honestly, nearly impossible. But if I ever do get the chance to walk and daydream and enjoy the peace and quite, I do just that, enjoy it.

Over Christmas I worked on heart potholders for friends and family. I've still got a few more to finish up but oh, how cute they turned out. 

I've been wanting to make matching aprons for my little Gabriella and I and couldn't resist pushing this project to the front of the line. It was my first project that offered a chance for me to gather and use interfacing. It came with quite a few steps but in the end the aprons turned out well worth it. 

I had the chance to work on a football baby blanket with Natasha and oh, how fun it was! She gifted it to a friend of hers who is having her 3rd little boy. What a sweet, thoughtful gift! 

Nana had her dad refurbish a doll bunk bed that was hers when she was a little girl and gave it to Gabriella for Christmas. We will treasure that gift for years and years to come and perhaps one day Gabriella will get to pass it along. 

Nana mentioned that the only thing it needed was sheets. It took us some time to get to but we finally got some sheets made. I wanted Gabriella to be a part of the making so I cut and pinned the fabric and with a little guidance she did the majority of the sewing. It's so fun to watch her get so excited about sewing. 

I have a few other projects that I'd love to get started on and one is trying my hand at making a quilt. Since it intimidates me quite a bit I've decided to give it a whirl with the scraps of fabric from the doll sheets. The dolls need blankets, right? And they won't be too terribly upset if I mess up, right? :) I've started cutting 3.5x3.5 squares, we shall see. I'm excited!

I'd also really love to make the boys their own little chef aprons and maybe a Valentine's skirt for gabby, just for fun. 

1 comment: