Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Overwhelmed with Love for Him

We were in the middle of a normal school day. I was teaching Isaac, Alyana and Gabriella and he sat across the table from me. Time stood still for moments. Long moments. I've learned as a parent to stop when that happens and do nothing but soak it up. 

An overwhelming feeling swept over me as I stared at him. I admired him and his growing-three-year-old-self. He sat there with such purpose. I felt so grateful for him and what he gifts me with everyday, with the opportunity to be HIS momma. I felt the seams of my heart bulging and I allowed my self, for those moments, to be completely submerged in my love for him.  Among all the feelings I felt I even felt remorse, for not taking the time everyday to appreciate all he has to offer. He is so beautiful. He has so much to say, so much to be heard. At every waking moment he is busy soaking life up. 

I love you baby boy. I appreciate you and all you have to offer. I hear you and am listening. I want to dedicated the mommy-hood I'm given to esteeming you and building you up. You have such purpose. I love you so, my Mikey. So much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment