Today marks our second annual worm playdate!
First off, before I get into the details of this year's date, I had to pull up these adorable pictures from last year. Oh, those sweet little faces have grown so much in one year's time!
I vividly remember Mikey and Kanani being very interested in observing the squirmy little guys and would pick them up with tongs or tweezers to investigate but most definitely did not care to touch them. Gabriella, however, really, really enjoyed scooping them right up and letting them squirm all around on her. They all ooo-ed and ahhh-ed for what felt like hours.
I'm thrilled to report that this year Mikey and Kanani were on board with the bare-hand worm touching! They showed not one ounce of hesitation and dove right in. I was beyond excited for them.
I was amazed by the level of fearlessness that surrounded me.
Josiah, mmmm, not so much. He sat back, very cautiously and watched. His leery body language clearly communicated the fact that he didn't care to take any chances. I wondered, though, if it were presented to him differently, if he'd change his mind. I asked Gabriella to hold one up and out for him, as if to hand it to him and he sure enough stuck his little hand out to receive it. She plopped that squirmy worm right into his tiny palm before he could even process what had happened. He giggled a bit then quickly dropped it. Denise is swift with that camera of hers and caught a few adorable pictures.
A few more of our time together...
When they'd had their full of observing, they carried each little one to a special place in our yard and said goodbye. Although the worms may have been tugged on a bit (a lot) by three sets of inquisitive, knowledge thirsty hands, I still do feel good about rescuing them from the bait department at Walmart. :) I'm rooting for them to live a life full of adventure before the early birds get them.
Thank you so much, Denise, for all of these wonderful pictures. You are SO awesome at capturing precious moments when we're together. I am so grateful for you and that amazing quality of yours!






This is the coolest activity ever. I would have loved this at thier age, shoot, I'd love playing with them now at my age. For the kids of course! ;)
ReplyDelete