Sunday, May 4, 2014

Camelot Park

Three decades of my life have passed (my ENTIRE life) without having the privilege of visiting Camelot Park.  

I learned of this incredible park after my dear friend went for her first visit and shared about her amazing time. I literally could not wait for a chance to visit.  

One Sunday afternoon Nana and I and finally found the time to make the trip with the kiddos. It was a good 45 minute trip (one way) but well, well worth it. AND since it was a Sunday, daddy wasn't working and got to come! Yay! Yay! and Yay!!!!!! I think I can classify it as a perfect day!


The kiddos piled out of the vans as soon as we got there, peered through the fence and stood gawking at the beautiful play structure. They just might have been almost as eager as I was to play! True love at first sight. 

And...off they went! We loved those tires! 

Nathan. Such a cutie-pie! 

I want one of these super bad in my back yard...what am I kidding? I'd love this entire playground in my back yard! 

I love my Mikey! 

Go Eli and Gabby! 

Wooooaaaahhh...

Nathan LOVED this dragon. He stood there for quite some time just staring at it. 


Nana in the castle...

So intricate!

Music...

Look at those handsome boys! Daddy said this was a perfect spot for Josiah since it was enclosed and he couldn't wander off.
(I was very, very thankful daddy was there to watch over Josiah while I kept an eye on the other two. It is a very large play area with LOTS of spots to loose sight of little ones. Pretty scary! I did not have the confidence (and probably never will) like the other veteran mothers who were sitting and reading or checking emails while their littles played. I, instead, walked nervously about trying to keep an eye on my excited two.) 

Mikey had fun swinging here...

It took Gabby a bit of time but she really got the hang of how this little swing functioned. She had a few friends jump in on the fun, too! It was a joy to listen to all the giggles.  

THIS may have been my favorite part of our trip and yet another reason why I love that man so much. He is such a lovable, likable guy! He never meets a stranger. Just look at all those kids! 
One by one they would come to play with the wooden spring mounted car that Daddy and Josiah were sitting in. He'd instantly hook them with his charm as he talked with them and asked each one their name. He asked each driver where they planned on taking him and then would come up with funny, witty things to say that I could never think of on the spot. He'd tell them to hold on and enjoy the ride. Before any of us knew it, there was a dozen of them laughing and carring on. Daddy is the best! 

Here's Gabriella and Mikey walking back from our second trip (withing ten minutes of each other) to the bathroom. 

Isn't this thing so awesome?!? I can't wait to continue our visits and watch them as they gain the confidence to climb higher and higher! 

Elias (4yrs), Nathan (2yrs), Josiah (14mths), Mikey (2.5yrs), Gabriella (4.5yrs)


I just want to eat him up! Goodness he's cute! 

Siblings 


Loooooove this picture of Daddy and his littles brother, Nathan. 

I love that smile in Mikey's face, looking up at his little brother. 


I'm not sure I can adequately explain what this picture does to my heart. 


I just had to stand back and soak the moment in. I must soon find the time to write about this one...

We sure had a really incredible time! 

I do fear that all other parks may now always measure up to this one. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is what I love about Michael too! So much love he has to share with others, so giving and charming. I love the picture of him with all the kids. And that dragon was the coolest. Can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete