Grandma Cindy grilled quite a feast and a delicious one at that; pork ribs, brats, hot-dogs, turkey burgers, macaroni and cheese, potato salad and veggies.
After dinner Papa started up the fire-pit for a little marshmallow toasting. Oh, what a perfect (and delicious) ending to a wonderful evening!
Watching the fire...
I do believe this was Josiah's first fire. He was quite captivated. (I love the sibling chair sharing!)
I should mention that I just washed Gabriella's blanket. We were headed out of the house when we realized it hadn't even made the transfer to the dryer! Uh-oh! I told Gabriella we'd have to leave it, that it'd be waiting for her all fresh and clean when we got home. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking knowing that the pry out of her arms and into the washing machine was sacrifice enough for one day. Needless to say, we brought it with us and, as you can see here, we hung it on top of the swing to air dry. Gabriella was a happy, happy camper!
I should mention that I just washed Gabriella's blanket. We were headed out of the house when we realized it hadn't even made the transfer to the dryer! Uh-oh! I told Gabriella we'd have to leave it, that it'd be waiting for her all fresh and clean when we got home. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking knowing that the pry out of her arms and into the washing machine was sacrifice enough for one day. Needless to say, we brought it with us and, as you can see here, we hung it on top of the swing to air dry. Gabriella was a happy, happy camper!
Oh, you know...just hanging out with Great Grandma Ella. :)
It's ready! Time for toasting!
The whole crew. :)
Yummmmm
Cheese...
Grandma cuddled up with Gabriella's beloved (clean) blanket.
The cousins having a good time on the swing...
Precious memories that I pray fill my heart and mind for days and days to come.














Love seeing the family time! Love the Hawkins being a part of our family :)
ReplyDelete