Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mud

Our hole in the ground has become the favorite of outside activities. 

They have recently discovered the hours of fun it provides after a storm fills it with rainwater.  They have so much fun scooping the water out with shovels and buckets and dispersing it throughout the yard. Today, there was no left over rain water, just a dry hole. But fear not, before I could instruct otherwise, Mikey had turned the spicket on and provided the thirsty hole with a refreshing drink. 

It took me a bit of letting go but I did and decided to just let them enjoy themselves filling the hole with water and in it. After a while the water was gone and left the perfect textured mud at the bottom. Believe it or not, I was the first to get my hands messy in. Mickey joined me shortly after, then Gabby and finally Josiah. I guess they, too, had their fair share of letting go to do. 

We (I) had a great time frosting and decorating stone cakes. Josiah was very interested in adorning it with flowers. :)


Mikey was totally my mud buddy today. My job was to scoop the mud out and pass it right to him. I loved seeing him have so much fun with it! 

Look at that belly!!! Adorable! He kept pulling his shirt up in attempt to wipe the mud off his hands. He wasn't too sure if he was ready to fully commit to being dirty. 

Theeeere he goes! 
I love the handprint in the first picture and the splashes of mud on his face. I, even from where I was sitting, felt my fair share of mud splatters. 

My three...


So thankful for these days. 

1 comment: