However, the day turned out to be the perfect fort building, Oobleck making kinda day.
Sadly, I caught no pictures of our famous "kitchen chairs and a fitted sheet tent" but did capture an abundance of Oobleck ones.
These, to me, were perfect black and whites.
Josiah and Mikey teamed up so well...
Whereas Gabby preferred to marvel in her Oobleck alone...
I just love that little grin on her face.
And Josiah, adorableness as always!
Our Oobleck started off too hard with not enough water then ended up too runny with too much water. Either way, Oobleck never let's us down! The messier the better. :)
We also wrote a couple of books today.
I wish we (I) would remember to do this more often. It is such an excellent tool for learning to read. Gabriella, whether she is familiar with all of the words or not, confidently reads them from cover to cover. It's meaningful to her because she's experienced the contents firsthand and we created it, word by word, together. These types of books also serve for excellent "Daddy!!! Guess what we did today!?!?" sharing times.
In his own special way, Mikey has even got the hang of how to read them. He half way memorizes the order we wrote them in and looks for clues from the letters at the beginning of certain words on each page. I really enjoy listening to his version. :)
Lastly, just because I remembered and these were in arms reach (AND for my fear of NEVER being able to back blog enough), here are a few more of Josiah playing with Oobleck for the first time at 11 months old.
















You know I'm a fan of the little books! So simple, but so meaningful! I also LOVE how you are just fearless when it comes to messes. I still need lessons on that!
ReplyDeleteJosiah's face here reminds me of his reaction to his birthday song at 2 yo. Purely overwhelmed in the best way!
ReplyDelete