The kids were so excited to get the bit of Christmas decorations we have out and were so eager to get the tree up and decorated. It feels like Christmas comes and goes so quickly, it's nice to have it around for a long as possible.
As soon as Gabriella saw me bringing the Christmas decor down the stairs she disappeared into her room and returned wearing what she felt was appropriate attire to decorating the tree in. I'm not sure if she remembered but that was the very same dress she wore last year when we took our Christmas pictures. AND as if that wasn't enough to tickle me, I soon realized Mikey just happened to be wearing the same sweater he had on, too. How funny!
![]() |
| They requested a picture be taken of them just like this. |
Last year's pictures...
Oh, how my babies are growing!
Tree decorating was fun! I sat back and took pictures only interfering when needed to quite a quarrel or two.
Gabriella was coaching and affirming Josiah all the way. He made known of the fact that he preferred not to receive help of any kind but that didn't stop his big sister from encouraging him and giving him a squeeze or two for doing such a great job.
Josiah was very proud of each ornament he hung. I love the biggest picture in the collage below where he is showing me three of the ornaments he hung all by him self. :)
This is another picture they posed for and requested be taken. Mike's smile is 100% genuine. I love it!
This picture was taken pretty close to the end of our decorating session. I love how the top third of the tree remains ornament-less. As they years go by I'm sure that fraction will lessen and lessen. I sure am treasuring the way it looks this Christmas for it very well may never look quite the same.





Gabby is just like you, she has learned so much from her momma!
ReplyDelete