Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mikey's Work

Contrary to what I believe in my heart about what Mikey's "work" is (simply being a part of our lives, learning aside of us (our homeschooling family) and valuing experiences and discussions), I've still allowed guilt to set in for quite some time about not having something prepared and designated just for him to explore. Oh, the guilt! I try to try hard (does that make since?) to not to allow those guilty thoughts to steal my joy or dictate my success in the home. Some days my efforts prevail, some days they don't. 

I really enjoy stumbling upon Montessori articles and discovering more about their view for how children learn. I have often daydreamed about setting up a little area for Mikey to have access to. 

Little by little I've tried. This isn't perfection and may not even be true Montessori activities but for now, it's a start. 
Everyone really seems to be enjoying it. 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment