Friday, February 13, 2015

All About Me Valentine's Boxes

These all About Me Valentine's boxes are another one of those things about my teacher career that I loved and it makes me so happy to be able to incorporate them into our homeschooling experience.

The idea is that everyone participating shares the same specific information about themselves with others by decorating their boxes how ever they'd like to. It's a great opportunity to watch their individual creativity blossom. I always found it somewhat relaxing to take a little time on a hectic day, full slightly rambunctious kiddos and (way too much) candy, to sit still, listen and learn more about one another. The boxes also serve as handy mailbox for everyone to place and store their Valentine's in. 

I had all plans of really taking our time on the project, working on it a little bit at a time over the span of a couple weeks but that didn't happen. I wrapped the boxes with really cheap white Dollar Tree wrapping paper late, late the night before and had Gabby and Mikey work on decorating it as soon as they woke up the morning of their Valentine's party. 

Regardless of my procrastination, they did an amazing job. I am so proud of their adorable work. 

Gabriella shared that her favorite place to vacation is the beach and that when she grows up she wants to be a doctor. She also shared that playing out side is her favorite thing to do on her own time. 

Mikey sat right beside Gabby and worked diligently on his box all the while she worked on hers. They both drew absolutely beautiful representations of our family. 
Mikey had his fill of the whole thing after finishing with his family portrait. And with good reason, look at all that hard work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment