Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

I feel a passion deep in my heart to live more like Jesus. I want to be found reaching out and sharing God's love with others. I have an aching in my soul to teach my children to do those very things, too. I'm certain the best way for them to learn is by following an example. I do pray they can follow me only first as I follow Christ. 

I'm not sure how to even explain the amount of joy that came with our visit to the nursing home today. Smiles upon smiles, for everyone. While in clinicals for my Certified Nursing Assistant course I spent two weeks at a certain Rehabilitation Center. Mere hours were all it took when spending time with the residents to fall in love.  I was so happy to have the chance to bring my family with me to visit after the completing of my course. Many residents were happy to put faces to the stories they've heard me share about my beautiful curly headed children. It's so hard for me not to talk about my sweet babies. :) 
Gabriella and Mikey, even Josiah helped to make everyone a special Valentine card. I found the wax resistant valentine card idea after searching Pinterest for kid made valentines'. So thankful for others who are willing to share their wonderful ideas. Gabriella loved it! She said it felt like magic when she could make a heart appear. 
She even drew a few hearts of her own...
Our final products...
What a perfect day, whether on Valentine's or any other day, to share God's love 


Aside: This Valentine's Day makes 15 years from the day Michael asked me to be his girlfriend. Wow, 15 years. And I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend our evening.  

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Your children have a beautiful example of God's love! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up too! Goodness Michelle you are blessing me with these blogs more than a comment box will allow me to share!!!!!

    ReplyDelete