Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Josiah's Point of View

I often think about what the world looks like from Josiah's point of view. Walking around always looking up at what others conveniently look down to. He sees the faces of cabinets when I see counters. He see bed sides instead of the pillows and blankets I see. He sees the legs of tables and chairs while my eyes scan across table tops. And while I survey the refrigerator's entire contents he stares at the fruit and vegetable drawers. 

There are often days I grow weary, very weary, of the constant burn in my left arm from fulfilling his "I hold you" requests but when I take the time to think about the view he enjoys when he's up by my side and how much he values being there, I count it all joy to be the one he prefers to share it all with. He's portioned out a lot of trust in me, a lot of dependency and a vast measure of gratitude and love. 

I'm often followed around by his little voice saying " I help you, mommy! I help you!". His little eyes just long to see what it is I see and his little hands to touch what I touch.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet thoughtful mother. No doubt that motherhood is such a calling from God.

    ReplyDelete