We spent most of the day with every blind in the house wide open, watching the big, beautiful, white snowflakes fall from the wintery white sky. It was such a sight. Truly beautiful.
We'd occasionally find ourselfs, each at different moments (even Josiah), standing at a window or door watching the wonder of winter with awe and in complete silence.
Here they are, all three of them, mesmerized by the winter wonderland.
We continued our tradition of snow day cookie baking so first things were first, we walked straight over to our neighbors to share the love. We love our neighbors!
Josiah stayed in with Daddy so that Gabriella, Mikey and I could head out for some fun.
We didn't make it out to play until about 5ish and by then the snow had apparently stopped and was replaced by frozen rain. We weren't aware of it until Gabriella's attempt at making a snow angel failed. She was in such a hurry to make one! It was amoung the first of things she did as soon as she could.
As soon as they realized however, that they could pick up big chunks of this ice the fun really began! It was like a new world of discovery...breaking through sheets of ice to find snow hiding underneath! It was like finding hidden treasure.
And my favorite...
We used a yardstick to measure our snow accumulation.
Drink hot chocolate...
And savor each other.
Right about 4 inches for this spot in our front yard.
I admit I was ready to head in before they were. My hands were freeeeezing! I kept asking if they were ready to warm up and make hot chocolate but I repetitively got turned down. When I finally convinced them to come in, they slowly followed me picking up a few more sheets of ice. I continued snapping pictures from behind the glass door and I'm so glad I did!!! The last piece of ice Mikey showed me looked just like the state of North Carolina! How cool?!?
I'm so glad we made it out to play. We had so much fun!
Our snow day gave us reason to bake cookies...
I love this family and I love snow days!












No comments:
Post a Comment