Mikey got a boo-boo. He scratched his finger on the sidewalk outside while trying to write with sidewalk chalk that was a bit too short. It probably wouldn't have phased him one bit if it hadn't started bleeding. The sight of blood always makes it hurt much more!
No, I don't plan to document each of their bang-ups :) but this one was special. I do however, hope they all have a fairy-tale ending like this one.
Gabriella has a heart of pure gold. It's true, her brother can get under her skin and bother her quite a bit but she loves him. She really does and today she showed it.
As soon as she saw Mikey's finger I heard her say gasp and say "OH, NO!" as she ran to get her blanket so that she could cover his boo-boo with it. She says that her blanket can make boo-boo's feel better because it has tons of love to give. <3 (soooooo precious!)
If you know how much Gabriella loves that blanket you'd know it was a big deal for her to let him hold it.
She reminds me so much of myself as a sister to my brother. One of my clearest memories from childhood involve the memory of feeling intense panic anytime my brother got hurt. I remember crying hysterically when he hit his chin on the swing set in the back yard and had to go the hospital to get stitches. I was NOT happy about him being hurt, having to go to the hospital or the fact that I couldn't go with him. I remember being completely devastated. I must have not been sure that he'd be ok. I'm so glad he was. I loved...I love my brother so much!
Here Mikey is holding her blanket and showing me his boo-boo.
Covering his boo-boo with lots of love and feeling much better!
We followed the traumatic incident with lunch and while eating, Gabriella (on her own) decided to sacrifice one of her beloved roses (from her date night with daddy) in hopes to put a smile on Mikey's face.
These are the moments I feel incredibly honored to witness.



No comments:
Post a Comment