We started with making a few Valentine's cards. It was a really great time of tracing, cutting and coloring. There was one moment when everyone was silent, even Josiah, as we concentrated solely on coloring. It was a wonderful moment. It didn't last long but while it did it was wonderful.
Mikey insisted his was for me.
We moved on to making handprints from salt dough for daddy to take to work. I still can't believe we made them, dried them and painted them all in one day!
They always look so cute while painting!
Their finished projects...
We also made a Valentine's Day book...
I learned of this idea from a new dear friend of mine. She inspires me. It's so nice to have people like that in your life.
We sat together and talked about the meaning of Valentine's Day and about the ones we love then wrote it all down in a little homemade construction paper booklet. It was so simple and so meaningful and that's what made it so perfect. We read it a few times together and before I knew it Gabriella was reading it to ME! She only needed a bit of help with a few of the names. She was so excited to read it with daddy when he got home from work.
It was a really wonderful Valentine's Day with all of my Valentines.
Next year though, I write this as my pledge, we will go beyond our home and reach out. I failed this year with lack of planning but want our little ones to grow learning that giving is one of the greatest gifts they could ever give themselves.
We'll make cards for the Children's Hospital, make small gift baskets for the homeless, bake for the residents of the local rest home...something, anything.
To act selflessly is truly rewarding. I want to teach them to reach out with the love of Jesus Christ and give, asking for nothing in return following the one and only true example of Love...





No comments:
Post a Comment