Monday, March 9, 2015

Hangman

I played hangman with the kids today. I'm not sure why I've never come across playing that game with them before now. Perhaps subconsciously I knew how disturbing if it would feel to explain to children who are five years of age and younger that we are hanging a man while playing a game. By the time I came to understand what was happening, I had already started the game with my secrete message being "I love you" and the kiddos were all in. I couldn't seem to devise a better plan for "hanging" on the spot so I compromised my better judgment and continued playing, all the while praying that God protects their little minds from thinking at all about "it". And he did. :) 

Somehow of all the things I feel strongly about trying to protect my children from, I didn't think of the game hangman. 

3 comments:

  1. MICHELLE!! I can't believe you played hangman with them!! I'm just kidding!! You are such a great momma. Come to think of it. I don't think I ever thought of the actually hanging of the man when I ever played it. Maybe we can think of a different shape besides a man to use.... a stop light with four lines and 3 circles? And octogon? Idk if those make sense. Anyhow I love you and no harm done!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you always protect your little ones. You are a wonderful, terrific, awesome mom and wife. Your family is truly blessed to have you in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever even thought about it either...I just knew the game was over once it was all drawn. *shrugs* Good suggestions Becky! hehe

    ReplyDelete