I feel like I've been quite prepared for this journey. Not too many things catch me off guard seeing that you are my third little bundled of love, my third blessing from God. This heartache however, is.
Amongst the past year full of your firsts, today is a first for me... for you offer my last set of firsts to savor.
I hold you and find myself closing my eyes to preserve the feeling of being able to wrap my arms completely around such a tiny creation.
I'm mesmerized by you acquiring new skills. All day long I catch myself taking deep, lingering breaths in hopes to soak it all in.
I play the tone and rhythm of your baby babbles over and over in my mind as though I'm recording a permanent record, ready for instant replay at any time.
I get lost while gazing at your tiny chest rise and fall while you sleep and wonder exactly how God made you so perfectly.
When I kiss those sweet baby lips, I linger.
When I kiss those sweet baby lips, I linger.
You're the baby of the Sanchez family, sweet boy. Although I may have seen these firsts before, they are unique firsts. Though my heart is quite achy today and I may shed a few more tears than expected, I am ready to celebrate you. Celebrate not only the past year full of firsts but your firsts for many years to come.
I love you more than I'm sure you'll ever know.
I love you more than I'm sure you'll ever know.
Happy First Birthday baby boy

So wonderfully wonderfully sweet. Good for you for trying to capture in words a glimpse of your heart for your little boy! :) :)
ReplyDelete