I find myself reflecting on the joys of motherhood as I sneak in dark rooms for extra midnight kisses on sleeping faces.
I can't help but be reminded that soon, all too soon, I will only be able to look upon today with the fondest of memories.
I won't be able to help you with picking up toys or brushing your teeth for too much longer. Soon you won't ask me to read your favorite story over and over or kiss and pray for healing over your boo-boo's. Soon I won't be needed to ease your fears of darkness or the howling sound of the wind. I won't be able to pretend I don't see you sneaking into my room in the middle of the night to crawl onto the foot of my bed.
Yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet but today is. Today is our gift. I will hold you, love you and rock you. I will tickle you, kiss you and hug you...I will savor you today because I can.
I will cherish and adore you, exhort and esteem you, admire and delight in you. I will preserve today because this season will never be again.
No comments:
Post a Comment