Daddy found out he had to go out of town at the last minute and was going to be gone through the weekend and into next week. Bummer for our weekend...bummer period. We don't like to be away from daddy but do realize that sometimes it is necessary.
I really look forward to the weekend breaking up the monotony of our week and having daddy home is a great way to do that. The kids and I look forward to enjoying cuddle filled Saturday mornings in pj's with late pancake or waffle breakfasts as well as spending Sundays together at church.
I begged my brother (Uncle Phil) to spend time with us this Saturday. I didn't have to twist his arm too far. :) I can always count on him to be there for me. He not only agreeded to spend time with us he suggested we try out a new (new to us) park in our town. He's so awesome!
Just mentioning Isaac and Alyana's name to Gabiella jolts her with happieness so relaying the news about spending time together on this beautiful Saturday absolutely made her day!
The park was a hit! We has such a great time. They really enjoyed the swings, for a longgggg time. :)
I love that there were so many swings and that, at one point, they all got to sit right next to each other. It sure did make for some great pictures!This park was also a sports complex with soccer and baseball fields all around. We walked over to the wide open space on the soccer field where the kids had a great time running around racing each other. Uncle Phil brought a few tennis balls that the kids had fun throwing and rolling around as well.
We had fun watching Isaac and Uncle Phil pass the football back and forth. Isaac is really good at throwing that football! I could learn a few things from him.
These three decided they'd take a seat on the bleachers and be Isaac's cheerleaders.
The playground was a beautiful sight, it appeared nearly new and very well kept. Uncle Phil and I could have watched the little ones play and play and play for hours and hours and hours. I'm sure they would have obliged. I loved all the opportunities the playground provided for climbing. My favorite...
Though play is hard work, we never heard one complaint about anyone being tired!
Look at this cutie! He had his fair share of fun in the sun on this beautiful Saturday!
I'll always remember this park as the venue for Gabriella's first successful solo attempt at the monkey bars. I don't think we've ever been to a playground where the monkey bars weren't 5,000 feet in the air which, of course, would cause both a four year old child and parent hold on for dear life...just in case. Well, these monkey bars were just the right height. Knowing that she could safely land on her feet if she slipped off must have given her just the right amount of comfort and boost of confidence she needed to really go for it! Oh the joy my heart feels when watching my little ones accomplish something for the first time. Witnessing the pride that fills their hearts from the ability to do something entirely on their own...that's priceless.
We left the park after a few hours and headed home to let Josiah a nap and eat lunch. After a little downtime (downtime that is for Josiah, Uncle Phil and I...Isaac, Alyana, Mikey and Gabby continued to run around playing with their endless fount of energy:)) we decided to try out feeding the ducks at Lake Rim.
The ducks were kind enough make an appearance and actually came pretty close to us.
Josiah caught on really quick to the idea of throwing bread.
I reeeeeeally, really, really wanted a smiling picture of Josiah on this bench but he wasn't feeling it. Not at all.
Just as we were headed to the van to load up, we spied Isaac and Alyana's Pa-pa and snuck our way onto the deck for a quick hello!
Isaac and Alyana did a bit of fishing with their Pa-pa.
Mikey has one hand full of rocks and in the other, the hand of a life long friend.
Of course out of all the day's plans, this one would be the only one I can claim. It was a perfectly sweet way to end our amazing day together.
Thanks for saving the day, Uncle Phil! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful brother!














No comments:
Post a Comment