Wednesday, March 5, 2014

You're Perfect

You love long hair and you make mention of wanting it frequently. You adore your cousin Alyana's hair and often wish your hair was just like hers. 

Well, this morning you longed for that long hair so badly that it caused that beautiful smile on your face to turn upside down...

and that broke my heart. 

The thing is, I understand. I spent many, many days, weeks, months, years in agony over my hair. I grew up feeling so different than all of my friends because of my unruly hair but I have learned that different is beautiful and have grown to love it. I am so thankful God chose it for me! We can talk a lot more about that one day. 

But today, you and I had a little heart to heart talk. A talk that I knew would come and that I'm sure will come again and again in the future.  


I drew you close as I quietly whispered your praises. I confidently reminded you that you're perfect just the way you are. I never, ever want you to forget that and if there's anything I can do about it, I'll be sure you don't.  I don't ever want you to feel a longing in you heart for anything other than more of Jesus

I humorously talked with you about the thoughts God must of had when creating such a masterpiece as yourself. I imagined I could hear him saying "I need something extra special for her...yes, something different.  Extraordinary...she needs to stand out from the crowd." I imagined him scanning his choices thinking "oh no, this won't do...not for Gabriella Michelle Sanchez". He had a perfect, perfect plan when creating you. 

A book we have came to mind titled "Gigi, God's Little Princess" so we cuddled up for a moment longer and I used it to help me communicate just how perfectly made you are. 

The book is about a beautiful, curly-headed little girl named Gigi who's convinced she is a princess. She's known it from birth.  She's not sure why she has freckles and curly hair, why she's left awaiting her jewels and crown, or even how she came to be a princess but one thing is for sure, she is certain she's a princess!

All in all, the lesson from the story is that we are all God's children. The King of Kings is our Father and that makes Gigi and YOU his princesses. Yes YOU are royalty and he made it to be that way. 

We talked about how much our Father God loves you, how valuable you are to him as his princess and tied in how wonderfully he made you. It may have been a round-about way to address the topic at hand but nonetheless you enjoyed the read-a-loud and all the ends tied together perfectly. 

You, my beautiful daughter, are fearfully and wonderfully made. He carefully knit you together in my very womb. He thought over ever single detail concerning you. He knew exactly what he was doing when he made you, Gabriella, and you...are...perfect! 








1 comment:

  1. I adore this. How I, too, want so dearly my own daughter to see what I see when I see her. I'm reminded that my own mom must see me that way, which in the tired mirror, I struggle to find truth in. And how all this maternal love our moms have for us and we have for our own sweet babes is just a fraction of the love of our maker. Pretty humbling. Pretty inspiring. Pretty amazing.

    Such a beautiful write-up of what have been a beautiful time with you and that sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete